Friday, March 6, 2015

S - Single FOREVER - And Looooovvving IT!

So, Ive been thinking. Like every race for love, I feel that there is a way to skip ahead. Things with South are escalating faster than I ever thought was possible, so what if we decide to move in with each other before the 6 month mark? Does that mean I win?

Just kidding. South and I have not contacted one another since our last date. Due to my extensive dating research, I believe this term is called a Mutual Meh. I can only speak for myself, but I think South would agree that although we are very good at having a laugh with one another, we are missing that je ne sais quoi that is needed to sustain a romantic connection. No harm, no foul, however. South is a shoe-in on the friendship list and will be invited to any and all social engagements at the Vendome Compound (a nickname for our house).

I'm not going to lie, I'm tired of looking. My schedule is stacked with work, work, and yoga. Is my social life suffering? A little, but a part of me doesn't really care. Would it be so bad if Paul were to win this thing? Maybe love isn't supposed to be one of my achievements in this lifetime. Maybe I'm meant for something else. Like leading a feminist revolution, or writing a book that will change the world, or mastering a handstand without a spotter.

I will say, however, that my friends are being really cool about setting me up with physically available men. (Emotionally available is another story.) A former colleague has a friend she wants me to meet but said she was worried that the blog would scare him off. If this 2 horse blog is a problem for any guy, then he is clearly not the man for me, so it's nice to have this litmus test. What is he going to do when I start talking about the relationship on stage? (Speaking of, I have acquired a great bit about the Todd break-up that elicited quite a chuckle at my last show. Tragedy + Time = Comedy. It's simple math.)

I guess I'm just tired. I mean, I went to bed at 8:30 last night. Luckily for me, Spring Break is in 2 weeks, and boy do I need it. Paul will be in Europe, so I'll get the place to myself again. Besides a short jaunt to NYC, I'll get the compound all to myself. Perhaps I'll put off dating until then. Unless Mr. Right reveals himself, of course.

As for the weekend, let's get it started right. Do you know Courtney Barnett? If not, I suggest you study up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home