Monday, March 2, 2015

S - Back in the Saddle Again

Having the weekend to myself has been therapeutic. I took a bath for the first time in 5 years. I mean, I shower, but I have not submerged myself in a vat of non-chlorinated water in eons. I forgot how awesome it is and will now be adding it to my repertoire. I also cleaned the kitchen, did 5 loads of laundry, cleared out my trunk, and watched one episode of House of Cards. Oh and had an awesome sleep over with my friend Shelagh. God, we laaauuuughed!

Y'all don't care about any of this, I know. It's about the mens over here. Let's get to it then, shall we?

Last night was my second date with South. It was a cold, rainy night in Los Angeles, CA, so if you know anything about this city, it shuts down with precipitation. Plus it was a Sunday. To keep things simple, we decided to grab Mexican food at a local restaurant. I have not dated a man who lives in my neighborhood in a long time. It's so fucking convenient.

I arrived first, because I'm just that way, and was excited to see a comedian friend of mine hostessing. We laughed it up, talked about men, and acknowledged that we get to see each other again on Tuesday because we have a show together. The night is already wonderful.

South arrives, and I've already made it through 1/2 a bowl of chips. We get our "clean" margaritas, eat, and laugh. It's so simple.

Post dinner, we decide to hit up another local establishment a hop, skip, and a jump away. It's packed, so we decide to go somewhere else, but not before we run into a British philosophy professor friend of South's. We had an interesting/controversial conversation about racism. I could talk to a philosophy professor ALL DAY. But we left anyway.

Place number 3 was chill, but this is when the night falls away from me a bit. All I know is that I laughed a lot, and that's all that really matters to me at this point. We ultimately decide to take advantage of the no roommate situation for free drinks a perhaps a make-out sesh. It was a respectable evening. Everything was second date appropriate. Good old-fashioned fun. As I mentioned before, I mostly recall laughing a lot.

So that's the way it is. Who knows what will happen with South, but for now, I'm enjoying the time I get to spend with him. As of today, someone is back in the game.

Hey, do you feel like dancing around your place? Yes? Then listen to this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home