Saturday, February 21, 2015

S - A Rootin' Tootin' Good Time

Last night was my first date with South, and guess what? I had fun. A lot of fun.

South lives in my neighborhood, so we decided to meet at a wine bar in the next hood over. We were both 5 minutes late, due to Ubers, and walked up at the same time. Obviously, we're getting married.

The wine bar was abuzz. We found one chair available at the bar, so we took turns sitting and standing until another seat presented itself. It's only fair. I knew, from some previous texts, that South had had a rough day at work. I asked him about it, and he asked if he could vent. I feel like I'm always venting about work, so I'm happy to listen to another's woes. He wasn't kidding. He had a bad day, but he wasn't being winey about it. He approaches frustration with humor, so I'm in.

South has a cute southern accent, but it's not one of those annoying, "Well it's nice to see ya. Won't you pull up a chair, so I can tug at your ear?" kinda drawls. I detest a theatrically dense southern twang, and as a Texan, I feel that I can say that. Also, he is SUPER funny. I laughed a lot.

I can't say that anything ridiculously exciting happened, but it was just a really enjoyable night with a funny, well-mannered guy who has a mop of adorably curly hair. The conversation flowed easily, and it was nice to hang with someone new without it feeling like an effort.

As the evening advanced, I started to yawn. I told South it had absolutely nothing to do with him, but instead had to do with my 6 am call time earlier that day. He agreed that he was losing steam as well. Friday dates can be difficult. The week can come crashing down on you, all of a sudden.

We shared an Uber home, and as protocol dictates, I was dropped off first. He walked me to my door, and we both expressed a desire to see one another again.  I'm booked for the rest of the weekend, so we decided to reconvene next week.

So, I get to hang up my first date dress for a bit, thank God. I'm also floored that I didn't retrograde back to dead inside. I'm proud of myself for pushing through and continuing on this journey. I feel good and hopeful today. There are not only other fish in the sea, there are some really fun ones. Although I'm looking forward to my Saturday off (this never happens), I'm also looking forward to spending more time with South next week.

On another note, y'all need to tell Paul to update this blog. It's getting to be a bit ridiculous. He had words with me about it, and I told him to post something, already. His excuse is that he feels we can't post on the same day, or people won't read it. I call BS on that one.

Once again, this has nothing to do with the post, but do y'all remember this? #poopbackandforthforever


1 Comments:

At February 26, 2015 at 11:51 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I agree with you, he needs to post! I would read both if posted the same day so DO IT P :) xo #HALLMYLOVE

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home