Wednesday, March 25, 2015

S - SPRING BREAK!

I just dropped Paul off at Union Station, so he can catch the Fly Away to LAX, and I am over the moon.  Don't get me wrong, I love him like a brother, but I can't wait to miss him like a brother too. He's on his way to Sweden, and at the Vendome compound it is SPRING BREAK!!!

But whatever. Want to hear about last night's date?

It was fun. I met him at a local French pub. He's quite lithe and very handsome. While we were conversing, I surmised that he's a cross between Nick Jonas, James Franco, and James Dean. I wanted to nickname him Nick-ames Dean, but Paul said that was too complicated. Instead, I will call him Fancy Face because that's what Bo Brady called Hope on Days of Our Lives in 1865. I remember. She had a pretty face, so he called her Fancy Face, so there's your background.

We drank cocktails, discussed family history, and agreed that the human race is not worth preserving. He's dark, brooding, and I'm OK with it. We're not going to be walking down an aisle together, picking out China patterns, or fighting over seating charts. I still had a blast. Most of our date was "getting to know you" jabber. I'm off to NYC on Thursday, so we discussed seeing each other upon my return, but who knows. I don't think either one of us is really ready for a relationship at the moment, so we shall see.

As I have mentioned, Paul is not happy with my choice to date emotionally unavailable men. I don't care. I told him that there should be some kind of award for the person who dates the most. You know, like Miss Congeniality. It's not as good as winning, but you get some recognition. Like a "You Go Gurl" award.

If there is one thing that I've realized from this experiment, it's that friend setup dates are WAY better than online setups. I adored Todd, had a laugh with South, and Fancy Face is nice to look at. Not that it's Old School's fault, but no. I cannot speak for everyone, but I feel that it would behoove me to stay away from the Internet when it comes to love. It's not there, Boo.

So, here I am, puddling through this race to the best of my ability. If Paul and Carrot can hold on for another 3 months, this blog will be over, and I can go about my life in a healthy manner.

Until then, I'm off to NYC! The City That Never Sleeps! The Big Apple! Take it away, Frank!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home