Tuesday, March 10, 2015

S - Let's Get Real

Due to a business meeting, I once again found myself out on a Sunday night. If you're an Angeleno and enjoy Sunday evening revelry, you have to get your ass down to Silver Lake.  I had dinner/drinks with friends/business bedfellows and both of the establishments we patronized were packed.

Anyway, as I'm talking with my dinner mates, I receive a text from South. As a reminder, South and I had not communicated for a week. Although we had a fun night together that involved a bit of making out, neither one of us reached out to the other after that night, which is fine. He didn't have to get a hold of me as the feeling was mutual, but South let me know that he read my blog and realized as well that we were not a match but had a good time nonetheless. Class act, that South. We're now starting a neighborhood basketball league to solidify our friendship. I kid. I'm more of a badminton gal, myself.

So, the search continues. To give a bit of behind-the-scenes here at The Amating Race, I thought I'd fill you in on some of my inner dialogue. Because I like a guy at the same rate of Halley's Comet, shaking my feelings for Todd was, hmmm, how do I say? Tedious? Is that the right word? Laborious seems so menial. Let's just say that I have a thick skin with a mushy, sensitive interior. I have missed him. BUT, as everyone knows, according to Sex in the City, it takes 1/2 the time you dated a person to get over them, and my 1/2 has come and gone (spraying champagne all over the room, lighting dollar bills on fire, jumping into a pool of cocaine).

What have I learned? Well, I hope Paul wins the race, so I no longer have to search for love. I don't think I need it. As a matter of fact, I think it's a pain in the ass. I prefer to be dead inside and take a lover here and there. I lived such a lifestyle last summer, and it was liberating and stress-free. If I had the time, I'd do it again now. (Taking a lover takes a lot of footwork.) Never fear, however, because summer is just around the corner.

I am asking everyone out there to root for Paul and Carrot.  I know I am. While we wait, I'll try my best to go on a date here and there to find viable candidates for simple pleasures. Other than that, not really interested.

(Drops mic. Walks off stage.)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home