Monday, March 16, 2015

S - All Quiet on the Western Front

Hey y'all. I know it's been radio silent for a bit here, so I thought I'd do a quick post since I'm up at 4:30 in the morning.

Many moons ago, I used to tutor this child who had a Mexican-Jewish nanny, whom I just adored. Her name was Christine. One day, we were chatting about this and that, and I mentioned that sometimes, I wake up in the wee hours of the morning and can't go back to sleep. She said, "Oh yes, that happens to me all of the time. Aba wakes me up too." At this point, I'm confused. Christine is no spring chicken, so if her aba (Father in Hebrew, FYI) wakes her up on a regular basis, he must be an ancient handful. I responded, "Oh, your father lives with you?" She laughed, pointed to the ceiling, and said, "No. Aba." Ah ha! THAT Aba. The big Aba in the sky. The Aba with a capital A. Christine went on to say that when Aba wakes you up, it's time to get up and pray, write, read, whatever. Aba wants to talk to you.

Well, Aba has been waking me up at 3am for weeks now. I get mad at Aba because I'm on a regimented schedule. When He roused me tonight, like clockwork, I waited an hour and a half before I answered Aba's call. So here I am.

Here's the Reader's Digest version of what's going down on the compound. Paul and Carrot are practically engaged, but Carrot is in NYC right now. Paul's dad is coming for a visit this week. Spring Break starts in 4 days, and I'm so excited I could die. Paul leaves for Europe soon, so I'll be owning this town like a mother fucker.

Thus far, I have only had time to date my work and hot yoga. I need a break from the former relationship and want to invest more of myself in the latter. In four days, this will come to fruition.

That's all I've got. No dates on the horizon (which I'm OK with). I'll try to think of something to do to contribute to this blog.  For now, enjoy this picture of a kitten with anime eyes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home