Sunday, December 21, 2014

S - Break-Up or Breakthrough?


I leave for Texas tomorrow for the holiday, and I have a ton of crap to do, but you need to know what happened on date #4.

I messed up. I honestly thought I had invited Todd to a Christmas party, but I had actually invited him to a Christmas party/show, and I was performing. This is true. As I was getting ready, Paul was online and shouted back to me, "Do you realize that the party is a show, and you're on it?" Oops. So now Todd has to watch me perform when I'm rusty as fuck, and we have to watch others. Not my ideal 4th date.

Todd, Paul, and I took an Uber to the theater. Our driver was a sun gazer. I had never heard of such a practice, so I was intrigued. You could hear Paul and Todd's eyes rolling the whole time.

The festivities start as soon as we land. I introduce Todd to my comedy friends and family. The show starts. It's fine. I go. I'm fine, thankfully. And then it got a little weird with some homophobic/racist "alternative"comedy. I was mortified and uncomfortable as were Todd and Paul. Ahh, showbiz! So glamourous.

We Uber home, and Paul is in a state. He's going through a "thing." It's normal for the artistic type. I guess it's normal for us all, but he a had a few choice words to say about comedy, Los Angeles, dating, and life in general. The whole night had a weird feel to it. I tried to lighten the mood by changing the subject and suggesting we order a pizza.

I was worried that Todd would be turned off by all of this. Comedy is a seedy scene, and he saw a bit of it's tarnished interior, and I was a part of it. I apologized more than once but also knew that if this scares him off, it's better to figure this out now.

The rest of the night was actually quite delightful. We ate (with Paul), laughed (with Paul), and made out (not with Paul). The next morning, Todd assured me once again that it was all good, so I'm choosing to believe him. We have plans to see each other tonight before I get out of here. I'll let you know if he answers my texts.

On a different note, I really want to find Paul a guy. It doesn't have to be THE GUY, but Paul needs someone to have fun with that makes him feel as special as he is. I have some work to do in 2015.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home