Saturday, December 6, 2014

S- All About Hinge


I am always reluctant to online date because I find it to be depressing. Unfortunately, all of my potential set-ups are moving at the speed of a dead person, so I have to do something. Enter Hinge.

Hinge is a dating app. Much like Tinder, you are matched with dudes (or ladies) that are gathered from your friends' Facebook friends. For a hot second, I did Tinder. It's essentially a Hot-Or-Not game with a side of dick pics. I didn't like it, so I assumed the same would hold true for Hinge.

I joined the app on Monday. By sundown, I had list of potential suitors and zero communication. Boring. The next day, my list grew, and one man finally wrote, "Hi." I replied, "Hello there." Nothing. Yawn. The next day, my matches grow, but my interest wanes. Still no reply from Hi guy. The day after that, I decided to write again to Hi guy and say, "It was great getting to know you." I decide shortly after this that I'm going to lose this ridiculous app. It's taking up space on my awesome iPhone 4s. Before I do, Hi guy responds.

We go back and forth about nothing in particular and try to fit in a date that night, but logistically it just can't happen. While this is going on, more men start to message me, and now I have like 5 boyfriends. FIVE! I am an official Hinge advocate.

Now we all know that the true litmus test will be if I actually meet one of these guys face-to-face, and if that happens, what will go down? It gives me a small sense of relief that I share mutual Facebook friends with these fellas. That way, if any of them chop me up and put me in their freezer, they're sure to lose a few followers.

Some more interesting news is that one of my closest friends has 2 guys she wants to set me up with, and she's pretty sure I'm not going to fall in love with either one of them. This is really exciting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home