Monday, December 8, 2014

P- If you want something done...

Oh hey there...yeah, it's me, Paul... Remember me?

Sorry, I haven't updated since the beginning. I hope you don't think that this is a sign of my level of commitment. It isn't. (For the most part). I do start many projects that I never finish or that I lose interest in or something else comes up that takes my time away... Remember that play I was writing based on the music of Cyndi Lauper? It's still gonna happen, I promise. 

But, because nothing had really happened so far that pertained to this whole endeavor, I didn't see the need to bore you with my mundane coming and goings. 

Thing is- a friend of mine and Shelby's- who shall remain nameless until I add her name later- was on Team Paul right away. She sent me a list of possible suitors that she had in mind and told me to let her know which I thought I might like to be set up with. Truth is, I wasn't really into any of them. It wasn't me being too picky, it was just me being honest with myself. Part of this process, for me anyway, is weeding people out. Not in a negative way, but just being realistic and saying, "this person is not for me". In the past, I've gone out with guys who I knew right away nothing major was ever going to happen, but I thought that maybe if I was patient or whatever, my feelings would shift. Let's call a spade a spade- they never do. 

I let the ball drop, or, rather, just didn't bring it up again to her. Then randomly, I was at work, and I got a text from with two guys' names in it. "Check these two out, they may be good!". I rushed to Facebook to stalk away, as one does, and the first one was cute! But as I read his postings, mostly about disagreements with his landlord and other tenants in his building, I was kind of turned off. It just seemed like unnecessary drama and I had a bad feeling about it. The second guy was adorable. Somewhat bicoastal, educated, seemingly funny, and he came with a good recommendation. I texted Amy back (see- I told you I'd give her name) and said- Let's Do This! She gave him my name and profile info, etc and told him to check it out. 

Well, two weeks have gone by and when I saw Amy on Sunday, I inquired. She told me she hadn't heard from him. I, jokingly, said, "if he thinks I'm gross, that's ok". She assured me that this wasn't the case and if it had been, she would've said, "He thinks you're gross". She totally would have, too. 

Now, another friend, also named Amy, had a guy she wanted to set me up with. Info was exchanged, via Amy, and he was into it. However, he's out of town until after Christmas. I mean, admittedly, we did kind of pick a shitty time to start this project.

Saturday night, Shelby and I went to a holiday party. Laughs and merriment were had by all. I'll spare you the details of the party, but the point of me mentioning it- I got a date out of it. On my own. With no help from anyone named Amy.

Stay tuned....


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home