Monday, December 15, 2014

S - Performance Art and Pseudonyms

I've been avoiding this post. Before I explain why, here's an abridged version of my Saturday night date with Crysler, whom we'll be renaming Todd (explanation ahead).

On our first date, Crysler/Todd  mentioned that a "visual artist, musician, composer playwright" named Geneva Jacuzzi was having a show on Saturday. At this point of the date, I had realized that I'd like to spend more time with this fellow, so I mentioned I'd be interested in checking it out. The die had been cast. Although happy for me, Paul did give me a little bit of a hard time for acquiring a second date. He proceeded to call Chrysler, Todd (which is not his real name), and I thought it was hilarious. 

Todd picks me up a little early. We go to a bar down the street from the concert venue. He asks about Paul, because he met Paul during our first date, but calls him Andy. This is awesome. To me at least.


We arrive at the concert stupid early and begin imbibing. He's easy to talk to, so I'm having a great time. The first band is fun. Geneva is next, and she's wild. Seriously, check her out.


We're laughing, drinking, an embrace here and there, everything is great. We decide to take off after Geneva and go back to my place. Paul/Andy is up, so we continue the festivities with him. More laughing and drinking, an embrace here and there...

Now it's time to tell you why I've been avoiding this post. I truly didn't think I would find anyone, especially this early in the game, whose company I'd actually enjoy. I feel a little protective of Todd, and myself, to be honest. I told him that this was the first time I've regretted having anything on the Internet. I want us to get to know each other without all of that crap. He said that although he checked out the blog at the beginning, he is not actively reading it, but who knows if that will last. The point is, I want to respect our privacy, but I also want to write an enjoyable piece. I think everyone is going to have to trust me on this one.

The night ended in PG-13 romance. And maybe we got a breakfast sandwich. THAT'S ALL I'M SAYING!

We plan to see each other again this week, but there could be a zombie apocalypse, an ice storm, or a change of heart from either party, I suppose. Life is so uncertain.

I haven't forgotten about Paul. Todd still mentions his neighbor but is not sure if he's single or not. He should be doing reconnaissance at this very moment. And so we wait...







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home