Tuesday, July 21, 2015

S - I'm Tapping Out

Hi friends. I hope everyone had a nice and relaxing weekend. I have 1 1/2 more weeks of summer school, and then I have a full month of absolutely NO WORK. Unless one counts figuring out what one is to do with the rest of one's life as no work, I suppose.

Prince and I had our second date on Friday. We met at a Mexican restaurant in my hood. I was the first to arrive and patiently played Bedazzled whilst waiting for him. He apologized for his tardiness; he had a crazy day. He had a bevy of information to give me before we settled into the evening. Because we live in the times that we live in today, Prince Googled me after our first date. He asked, "Are you writing a blog about your dating life?" I smiled and said yes. He showed concern. I assured him that I am quite cryptic to personal matters, and the true nature of this blog is to push Paul and myself outside of our comfort zones. I think that set him at ease a bit. We had a lovely, respectable evening and expressed an interest in seeing each other again. My schedule is stupid during the week, so I don't know when our next meeting will be. I'll keep everyone apprised.

On a different note, Paul and I had an interesting conversation about the blog. He feels that my last few posts have been negative. I write how I feel. Some days I'm really hopeful about this process, and other days I want to bury my head in the sand. I'm also beginning to think that this is not the best way to find love. You know the old adage, "Love comes when you stop looking." I have many fiends who have found love whilst looking, so whatever to that. I just don't know if writing about one's love life is the best way to get a man to open up, feel comfortable with being vulnerable, and ultimately fall in love. I told Paul that if he felt I was getting too negative and it was a huge bummer, then I have no problem jumping ship. He was not happy with this assessment. Plus, only 7 people read this blog, so I guess the journey continues.

I am, however, signing off of Match.com. I just can't. Being on the site makes me super depressed and want to hide from everyone. I've stopped communicating with my suitors, and every time my phone notifies me with a wink, or a fave, or a whatever in the hell they're peddling, I get sick to my stomach. It makes me want to move to Austin and build a Bestie Row with my girls: live off the land, use well water, solar panels, and no romantic love. So, Match needs to go. I'm just going to attempt to see Prince again, and if that doesn't happen, that's OK too. I'm in a huge me phase right now. I just want to work on my life.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home