Saturday, June 6, 2015

S - The Recovery Process

Ladies and Gentleman, Paul and I have been to hell and back, and it ain't pretty. It's filled with copious amounts of traffic, studying for the Safavid Empire Test 4 times in a row, and way too many Gelson's artisanal sandwiches.

But guess what? We did it! Kind of. The end of the school year has many "lasts." There was the last day of classes (SFX: champagne corking), last day of finals (rosé champagne stage, and our current stage), last day of grading, and last day of meetings. So we're not "technically" out of the water, but school and tutoring are DONE!

Paul and I have both taken a beating from this lifestyle. He can fill you in on his woes, but I have been breaking out, and it's disgusting. Seriously, the whole left side of my face is covered in blemishes, and I just can't. I look like the lead dude in The Phantom of the Opera, but my mask is made of tiny pimples. I'm a hideous monster, and I slightly hate myself. I need a God damned vacation.

But you don't care about my pain and suffering. Let's talk about the mens. Fancy Face and I had the luxury of spending time with one another last weekend. I suggested we eat out this time. You know, see and be seen. It adds a je ne sais quoi to the evening, don't you think? Well, it did, indeed. We sat at a communal table and met two lovely 30 year-old gals who thought they were too old and wanted houses in the Palisades. God, I love LA!

We laughed, we drank, we shared plates... Great Saturday evening. I drove us back to his place. He moved, and the new place is ridiculously adorable. His kitchen is so big, and mine is so tiny. #jealous

Anyway, a gal can't tell all of her stories, but I had a lovely time with Fancy. He's a stand-up guy.

So, here's the deal. I feel like I look like a mom with zits. I need to spend some time on me. Yoga, veggies, sunlight, laughter... I NEED these things like Southern California needs the rain. I'm going to concentrate on that for a bit, and hopefully see Fancy when/if we can. It sounds super boring, but it's exactly what I need.

Until next time...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home