Thursday, June 18, 2015

S - Transitioning

Life is shifting. Can you feel it? We're moving into summer mentality which means more working out, sleeping, sunning, running, laughing, kissing, and falling in love. Even if it's temporary.

I love summer, and now that the school year is officially finished, I can enjoy my life. For a bit, at least. I accepted a summer gig for July, but no nights and weekends, so that's a big deal for me. I'm also taking ALL of August off, and I want to go somewhere, but where? Paris? Mexico? Hawaii? What's an independent gal about town supposed to do? Help me! #bragging

OK, so a few things. Fancy Face and I are coming to an end. He's moving. Again. But this time outside the city limits. Or he's just trying to shake me, and that's cool too. I hope to see him before he goes, but one never knows with these things.

OK, the next thing. I'm ready to get back out there FOR REAL, you guys. Fancy Face and I were great when the scheduling was intense, and we were both busy, and we had our own things happening, blah blah blah... But that's changing now, and I'm ready to take it to a different level. I mean, does that mean that I'll eventually be back here after some awful date saying that I hate everyone? Perhaps. But whatever. As an old friend of mine used to say, "Love. It's the only game in town."

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm really excited to start dating again. This is coming from a gal who detests dating, small talk, and shaking an unwanted suitor. But this race, which is really an odyssey at this point, has taught me a lot. I discussed this with my friend, Ruby, who is happily married with 2 kids. All she wants for me is to meet someone that I actually like. That's the kicker. I have to like him. I have learned a lot about myself and what it is I want in a partner from the men I have dated thus far. I feel like I'm approaching this race with a different perspective. Something has clicked inside of me, and I'm ready to take this revelation on the road. So let the games begin, my friends. Set me up. I'm ready to take it on. Cue exit music!


Everything about this video is sheer perfection. I'm pretty sure I own Rod Stewart's outfit and wore it out last Thursday night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home